Chinese Almond Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Red food color
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut shortening into dry ingredients.
- Add egg and almond extract, mix.
- Make into small 1/2 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and make a depression on the top with the thumb.
- Dip the blunt end of a chopstick in red food color and press into the top of cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Yield 6 dozen.
[Next Recipe] [Chinese Recipes] [International Recipes] [Related Sites] [Home]