Hot and Sour Soup
- 6 oz lean pork, cut into strips.
- 1 box fresh Tofu (regular or firm), cut into strips.
- 1/2 cup Wood Ear (dried black fungus), cut into strips.
- 1/2 cup Shitake mushroom (Japanese/Chinese mushroom), cut into strips.
- 1 can bamboo shoot, cut into strips.
- 2 tbs dried shrimp
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, mix with 1/2 cup of water.
- Vinegar, black pepper, sesame oil and salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring water and dried shrimp to boil.
- Add pork, bring to boil.
- Add Shitake mushroom, bring to boil.
- Add Wood Ear and bamboo shoot, bring to boil.
- Add tofu, bring to boil.
- Add soy sauce and season with salt.
- Add cornstarch, stir well. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, add egg, then bring heat up again. Turn off heat when soup boil.
- Add vinegar, black pepper and sesame oil in soup bowl. Pour soup into soup bowl, mix and serve. Serve hot.
Pre-soak Wood Ear and Shitake mushroom in water for 20 minutes then cut into strips. Increase or decrease amount of vinegar and pepper according to personal preference.
[Next Recipe] [Chinese Recipes] [International Recipes] [Related Sites] [Home]