- 1 lbs jumbo shrimp
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strips.
- 1 small onion, cut into strips.
- 1 can bamboo shoot, cut into strips.
- 1 tbs ginger, minced.
- 1 tbs garlic, minced.
- 1 pkg Equal or 2 tsp. of sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbs dried chili pepper (red), chop to small pieces.
- 1 tbs oil
- Salt to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, mix Equal, ketchup, vinegar, water and cornstarch.
- In wok, add oil, ginger and garlic. Stir fry in high heat.
- Add shrimp, stir fry until shrimp is cooked.
- Add onion and carrot stir fry until onion is cooked.
- Add bamboo shoot, stir fry for one minute.
- Add salt to taste
- Add sauce mixture and chili pepper, stir fry for one to two minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Use pre-cooked shrimp to save time.
[Next Recipe] [Chinese Recipes] [International Recipes] [Related Sites] [Home]