Korean Style BBQ Short Ribs
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 1/4 tsp. Five Spice powder
- 6 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 8 tsp. sugar (or use 4 packets of Equal)
- 2 cloves Anise (separated) [for seasoning only do not eat]
- Mix the above ingredients and use as the marinade.
- 4 - 5 lbs. of Short Ribs
- 1 bunch green onion (cut into 2" strips and smashed)
- 1/2 inch ginger (sliced very thin)
- In a double plastic bag, layer the meat then add a little green onion and some ginger slices. Pour some of the marinade (be sure to include a little of the garlic) over this layer then keep repeating this process until all the ingredients are used.
- Squeeze the air out of the plastic bag and tie the top closed.
Let the bag sit in refrigerator for 3 hours minimum (overnight is better).
- Cook on BBQ grill and enjoy.
[Next Recipe] [Chinese Recipes] [International Recipes] [Related Sites] [Home]