Hawaiian Roast Pork
- 2 1/2 lb lean, boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 1 1/2 lb taro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbs. ginger, minced
- 2 cups broth or water
- 4 cups spinach leave, chopped
- salt for taste
- In a large pot, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add taro (with skin on) and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Peer taro and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Set pork fat side up in a large roasting pan. Add taro, ginger, onion and broth.
- Cover and bake at 375 degree oven until meat is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and stir spinach in to sauce. Bake uncover for another 30 minutes.
- Broil pork about 8 inch from heat until meat is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Slice meat and serve with taro mixture and steamed rice.
[Next Recipe] [Chinese Recipes] [International Recipes] [Related Sites] [Home]