Taiwanese Style Pork Rice Bowl
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 pkg fried shallots (3 oz)
- 4 tbs garlic, minced.
- 4 cups steamed rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pkg Equal or 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs rice wine
- 1 tsp five spices
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp MSG (optional)
- Non-stick cooking oil spray (i.e. Pam)
- Brown pork in skillet until cooked. Drain off oil and set aside.
- Spray non-stick cooking oil spray in pot, Sauté garlic.
- Add pork and shallots, stir few times.
- Add water and the rest of seasonings, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for one hour.
- Put one cup steamed rice in rice bowl. Pour 1/2 cup meat sauce on top of rice and serve. Serve hot.
[Next Recipe] [Chinese Recipes] [International Recipes] [Related Sites] [Home]