Plantain Tostones (tostones de plátano)
- 3 green plantains
- 4 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Peel plantains and cut into diagonal slices 1-inch thick.
- Add clovers garlic and salt to water. Soak plantain slices for 15 minutes.
- Drain well and deep fry in oil about 7 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel.
- Fold the paper over slices and pound flat with the palm of the hand.
- Dip in the salted water again and remove immediately. Dry with paper towel.
- Deep fry in oil, until crisp and golden brown. Remove and drain off oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Serve hot.
[Next Recipe] [Chinese Recipes] [International Recipes] [Related Sites] [Home]